For and about Cancer Survivors in Second Life, and for anyone who has been touched by cancer

Monday, July 14, 2008

Why do I Relay?

I was recently asked to write a short piece about "Why do I Relay" for the RFL of SL blog.


The main purpose of Relay is to raise money for cancer research, and to find a cure. But my personal reason for relaying goes beyond that, to reaching out to the many many people who hear those words 'I'm sorry, we found cancer', providing support where possible, and to making support services more visible.

Organizations such as the American Cancer Society do more than raise money for research, they fund valuable support and advocacy services such as the Cancer Survivors Network, and promote programs such as "Look Good, Feel Better" (for breast cancer survivors), "Man to Man" (for prostate cancer survivors) and the Cancer Advocacy Network.

So that's why I relay.

Here's a link to what I wrote:

http://www.rflofsl.org/?p=269

No comments: